Hello! From the other side of the school holidays (yes I am singing Adele). Yay we had summer holidays to spend time with our family. Yippee the kids are now back at school! There’s nothing like 6 weeks of ‘quality time’ to let you know just how much you love your kids and how much you love a free public education in Australia 😉
So its week 1 of the 2016 school year here in Western Australia. I can already feel the breathing space, and also the rather long to do list and a hint of guilt for only managing 1 blog post over summer :O
Perhaps I can fill you in on what’s happening for me as it is so exciting:
- I’ve fallen in love with our new puppy Rosie and how much happiness she brings to the whole family.
- I’m over the wees and poos she does on the carpet in the blink of an eye.
- After my daily morning coffee, yoga is my drug of choice.
- I quick plunge in the coolness of the pool dissolves all heat and crankiness
- Our fridge died yesterday and I’m waiting for the repairman to arrive and call time of death as I type this. Got any recommendations for a fridge for a family of 4?
- I can still manage a great girls night out including drinking and dancing – on a school night and wake up reasonably and manage to get the kids to school!
What’s your news? Are you surviving or thriving through the first weeks of the school year? Got any tips from deterring puppies from ‘going on the carpet’?